Responsible for supporting end-users' IT needs. Provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer hardware, peripherals, printers, operating systems, software applications, networking, and video conferencing problems. Data Center Operations, including performing backups and assisting operations staff when on-site support is needed. Assist other STSC teams, such as Service Delivery, MS Admin, and Networking, when on-site problem solving and evaluation is needed. Primary responsibility will be to provide direct customer support to resolve customer problems/questions as quickly as possible while providing highest level of service. If it is not possible to resolve the problem the End-User Analyst will coordinate problem solving with appropriate STSC teams. Secondary responsibility will be working on projects. In this capacity will provide desktop/telephony support to project teams, contribute to the development of work plans, tasks, and time estimates. Work within a project team environment to ensure that a quality product is produced, on time and within budget. Strong communication skills required to relay task status, task issues, and resolution.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
User Support for Multiple Computer Systems
· Monitors and handles troubleshooting of systems, dispatching to appropriate STSC resource if unable to correct issue.
· Keeps user base informed of systems changes (software/hardware upgrades, planned down times, system unavailability).
· Adequately documents resolution to issues in STSC ticketing software.
· Assists with writing problem-solving techniques to be put into STSC ticketing software database.
· Supports new systems or new facets of existing systems, and keeps abreast of technology changes.
· Troubleshoots PC and Printer based issues and at times utilizing remote software where appropriate.
· Works directly with STSC virtual teams while troubleshooting enterprise applications both locally and across region and/ or system.
· Participates as the primary agent in the setup and implementation of desktop systems including hardware and software installation, VOIP and analog phone sets/systems installation, and backup systems.
· Assists in maintenance of data closets from switch to patch panel and wall to device.
STSC Department Team Support
Backup Operational Requirements
Education, Experience and Licensure/Certification Requirements are
Representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
Reporting Relationship: End-User Analyst Supervisor.
Employees Supervised: None