The Clinical Practice Specialist (CPS) is a registered nurse, who has graduate level nursing preparation at the master’s or doctoral level in nursing. The CPS is a clinical expert in evidence-based nursing practice within a specialty area, treating and managing the health concerns of patients and populations. The CPS designs, implements and evaluates both patient specific and population-based programs of care. The CPS provides leadership in advancing the practice of nursing and implementing innovative alternative solutions that address system problems and or patient care issues. The CPS serves as patient advocate, nurse leader, consultant, change agent, expert practitioner, educator, researcher, and brings evidence based practice to a unit-based or service line environment. This role supports the development of clinical practice standards and provides clinical education and skills supervision with clinical teams. Measureable improvements in clinical and skills outcomes as well as customer satisfaction and organizational stewardship serve as the indicators for job performance in this role.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing and has a BSN.
- Master’s Degree in Nursing (or an active development plan to achieve a Master’s Degree in Nursing) required. Plan must be approved by hiring Director.
- National certification in area of specialty or an approved development plan for completion within 12 months.
- Two years clinical nursing experience in area of specialty (inpatient or outpatient hospice).
- One year Clinical Educator or Clinical Nurse Specialist experience preferred.
- Academic or continuing education in the areas of EBP, change agent, educator, facilitator, and able to coach others for success.
- Experience presenting to audiences, or has experience presenting at local and national conferences.
- Experience creating poster sessions for presentations at local or national conferences.
- Active State of Colorado Registered Nurse License.
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support certification.
- Advanced life support certifications as required by area of specialty within 6 months of hire.
- Clinical Nurse Specialist in the area of specialty
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Nursing Administration
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18001096