With minimal direction, manage and continually improve information tools and requirements related to the management of departmental budgetary compliance and facilitating an understanding of these goals to operational managers as well as enhancing operational management financial sophistication.
- Oversee daily productivity of operating units.
- Create and validate current year YTD volume, gross charges, cost information by department.
- Research specific/unusual items on a concurrent basis which can have a significant impact on the Income Statement including volume trends, revenue and expense budget variances.
- Monthly preparation of the site analysis as to income statement trends / variances.
- Responsible for operational and capital budget preparation for Lutheran Hospital, West Pines Behavioral Health and Colorado Lutheran Home.
- Use HBOC data to analyze the profitability of specific payers/contracts and specific product lines and make recommendations regarding future direction regarding those results.
- Perform as financial support of feasibility studies of proposed new business lines.
- When encountered, help highlight and resolve data integrity issues within Meditech and HBOC.
- Serve as a resource to financial analysts as a senior member of the finance team.
- Implement processes to improve shortfalls as identified through projects and analyses.
Other duties as assigned: program analysis, feasibility studies, pay practice changes.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Excellent written and oral skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- BA/BS or higher/above in Finance / Accounting or related Business field
- Excellent Excel and Word skills
- Thorough knowledge of general and cost accounting principles
- Proven results managing multiple projects and deadlines
- Hospital Cost accounting experience (HBOC, Trendstar or Pathways)
- Financial statement analysis experience
- Operating and Capital budgeting experience
- Ability to work well with non-finance oriented customers
- Thorough knowledge of healthcare accounting, terminology and decision support systems
- Microsoft Access database skills
- Knowledge and understanding of hospital billing, reimbursement and cost accounting
- 2-3 years public accounting experience
- 3-5 years experience in a hospital or healthcare system
- Supervisory or project management experience for a hospital or healthcare system
- >3 years healthcare experience analyzing program financial viability / profitability
- Masters degree recommended
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18000902