Core competencies: Medication Administration, Restraint Use, General Assessment, Pain Management, Falls, Blood Administration, Emergent Blood Administration, Age Specific, Compliance and computerized annual required education (HealthStream); additional competencies as defined by Department Director.
- Performs the primary functions of an RN in assessing, planning, implementing and evaluating the care of all assigned patients on the unit during his/her shift.
- Is responsible for meeting the established Medical/Surgical/Telemetry standards of nursing practice, for managing all assigned personnel, supplies, and equipment on the unit and for promoting teamwork with physicians and personnel of other departments.
- Is self directed, motivated and confident in decision making.
- Is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the Medical/Surgical/Telemetry Department.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, supervisory and communication skills. Is comfortable in a participatory management model that actively includes others in the decision making process.
- Serves as an expert clinical role model for other personnel within the department and throughout the hospital.
- Seen as a strong nursing and patient care advocate.
- Actively participates in hospital activities aimed at achieving the mission of PVMC.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus.
* Restrictions apply. Must have 5 years of acute care experience and must be willing to commit full time for 2 years*
Education : BSN preferred. Current Colorado RN license required. CPR required by completion of the unit-specific orientation and before working independently. Shift charge duties can not be assumed until CPR is completed. NIHSS required within 3 months of employment. ACLS and TNCC certification required within 6 months of employment.
Experience : Prefer 3 years of medical/surgical nursing experience. Previous charge nurse or management experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and/or Abilities :
This job requires the employee to be responsible for the assessment, treatment and care of patients of all ages, including neonate, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric. The employee must be competent in the cognitive, physical, emotional and chronological maturation process. Patient treatment is individualized and should reflect an understanding of the developmental needs and range of treatment needs for each patient (See Competency Assessment policy).
- Possesses excellent clinical skills, which utilize current and up-to-date knowledge in the provision of patient care.
- Pursues programs of continuing education to maintain clinical and management expertise and expand knowledge base or skills related to areas of responsibility.
- Attends mandatory inservices as required by PVMC.
- Meets requirement of 80% attendance of staff meetings per year and mandatory inservices as schedule dictates.
- Demonstrates computer competency. Completes department orientation guide.
- Verbalizes knowledge of PVMC and the Department Mission, Process Improvement plan and Quality Indicators. Participates in hospital PI process.
- Participates in a minimum of one PI study, CQI team or project per year.
- Demonstrates excellence in interpersonal relationships and communication skills.
- Maintains professional composure during stressful or difficult situations.