This role Performs assessments, plans, develops, implements and evaluates training/educational activities for the departments and other hospital staff pertaining to HIM systems, workflow, and applications.
- Develops and implements training strategy and programs for each job function within the HIM department and hospital areas. Coordinates the implementation of key strategies.
- Develops orientation, in-service and procedural training materials and manuals using subject matter expertise and resources in all HIM functions
- Coordinates logistics of training activities.
- Anticipates industry direction as it relates to future needs and projects at HIM departments.
- Reviews work performed by staff to identify/provide education opportunities for skill improvement and development. Audits medical records for documentation of key items. Proficient with all existing Joint Commission, Centers for Medicare and Medicaid (CMS), Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA), state laws and compliance regulations related to health information.
- Informs management of progress, issues and barriers that could impact the training/education needs.
- Writes and/or updates HIM departmental, facility or system based policies and procedures, as well as job aides and flowcharts related to HIM operations to ensure compliance in all health information regulatory areas.
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA) or Registered Health Information Technology (RHIT)
- Three (3) years broad HIM experience in a large health care facility that includes demonstrated competency in all aspects of HIM departmental functions, training/education, and regulatory compliance skills required. Operational experience working with physicians, clinical staff within the hospital and operations leadership required.
- Skilled in HIM information systems used throughout the system.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, presentation, verbal and written communication abilities
- Demonstrates effective, clear and concise communication/presentation skills with staff, peers and management
- Project credibility, poise, diplomacy, understanding and patience
- Demonstrate organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Fosters an environment of accountability to create a high performing team
- Proficient computer skills necessary in order to perform the tasks required, including intermediate knowledge of databases and spreadsheet applications
- Ability to work collaboratively with diverse groups
- Ability to deal with conflicting interests and to resolve situations effectively
- Bachelor’s Degree in HIM with an emphasis in education and training.
- Two (2) years experience in training/education activities is preferred.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lakewood
Department: SYS-Health Information Mgmt
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18000365