Assists in implementing nursing care by performing basic nursing procedures by performing the following duties.
- Answers lights, or intercom system to determine patients' needs.
- Assists patients in activities of daily living.
- Carries out delegated components of the nursing process.
- Serves and collects food trays and feeds patients requiring help.
- Transports patients or assists patients to walk.
- Turns and repositions patients, as needed.
- Changes bed linens, runs errands, and directs visitors.
- Participates in admission/discharge activities
- Takes and records routine vital signs, daily weights, food and fluid intake and output, and documents information in a timely manner. Reports age specific variance to appropriate personnel.
- Reports age specific variance to appropriate licensed personnel
- Accurately documents the delegated components of the nursing process in a timely manner meeting requirements of the regulating bodies.
- Demonstrates behaviors consistent with organizational mission and goals.
- Follows all applicable hospital policies and procedures.
- Participates in facility Quality Improvement/ORP Program
- Follows policies and procedures for infection control and facility safety in accordance with regulatory guidelines.
- Follows "Patients Rights Policy" at all times.
- Demonstrates knowledge of information management as appropriate.
- May be assigned to monitor patients on a continual basis.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- Nurse Aide Skills Checklist
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CNA Certification required upon hire
- BLS required within 30 days of hire
Organization: St. James Healthcare, Butte, MT
Primary Location: MT-Butte
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18000697