In this position, the Registered Nurse, through care, counseling and curative measures, is responsible for ensuring that the patient is cared for before, during and after the procedure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Spiritual and Healing Environment
- Develops a holistic approach to health and wellness by integrating the physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs of each individual during the Radiology procedure
- Responds to comfort needs of the patient and educates the patient/family requests on the procedure and aftercare
- Provides appropriate assessment for pain prior to examination, provides appropriate assistance to Radiologist and other health care providersand administers plasmapheresis.
Clinical Knowledge and Decision-Making Ability
- Integrates and internalizes theoretical knowledge into clinical expertise
- Develops focused assessment and critical thinking skills and utilizes evidence-based research to guide practice and enhance positive patient outcomes.
- Develops and modifies individualized plans of care; communicates changes in the plan of care to the patient and healthcare team.
Collaboration and Professional Responsibility
- Systematically evaluates the quality and effectiveness of nursing care and participates in individual and collective activities to improve patient care and the healthcare environment.
- Participates in the advancement of the nursing profession through contributions to practice, education, administration, and research.
- Current Montana Registered Nurse licensure
- Current BLS and ACLS certifications
- Current PALS certification, or ability to obtain within 3-months of hire.
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers and ability to learn new programs
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 18000157