This position provides support in the surgical services department. Answers telephones and schedules surgical cases on the computer system. Transports cart/bed to nursing units, greets patients/families, verifies patient identity for surgery and transports patients to operating room. Perform various errands such as putting away supplies, delivering specimens to laboratory, and picking up supplies from distribution.
- Answers telephones, responds to routine inquiries according to established policies, relays and/or records messages.
- Schedules surgery cases by checking availability of suites, physicians, and staff, entering information into the computer system, and providing information to callers. Distributes surgery schedule to hospital departments.
- Communicates various information to surgical staff and physicians.
- Transports bed to nursing units, greets patients/families, verifies patient identity for surgery and transports same to and from operating room.
- Transports specimens and cultures to laboratory.
- Performs miscellaneous errands such as stocking supplies, delivering test results, picking up supplies, and the like.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Operating Room
Shift: Evening Shift
Job Number: 17010254