This is a PRN position located at Lutheran Medical Center
Schedule: Variable Shift
This position facilitates the registration and scheduling processes by retrieving and entering patient data, entering physician's orders, and maintaining statistical data through the use of the order entry system, ensuring accurate and prompt service to all patients. Performs all duties according to department and care site policies and procedures.
- Interviews patient or significant other to obtain accurate demographic, medical, and financial information required to process registration and completes this function in a timely manner.
- Performs scheduling for testing and procedures via computer and care site protocol. Performs census maintenance. Enters reservations via computer system.
- Directs all incoming phone calls for the department by transferring to appropriate personnel or if necessary documenting messages to ensure efficiency throughout the department. Notifies physicians of consultations and messages as needed.
- Greets and directs all visitors and patients to appropriate personnel or department ensuring all scheduled appointments arrive promptly.
- Transcribes physician's orders for tests by entering data into computer system, ensuring that the data is accessible for use by ancillary departments.
- Prepares patient charts and packets for admission by gathering and labeling all necessary forms to ensure personnel have appropriate materials for documentation.
- Contacts physicians’ offices to verify/update patient information, then inputs data into the hospital system ensuring accurate and complete information.
- Documents all tests and services performed on patients via computer to provide medical records and business office with appropriate information.
- Provides assistance to patients/physician office personnel by explaining various procedures and informing them of appointment time and pre-registration time. Communicates cancellations to appropriate personnel.
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School/GED
- 2 or more years in a hospital medical office or insurance experience.
- CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare benefit plans, including Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: SYS-LMC Patient Access
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Variable Shift
Job Number: 17009035