What would you do with $900 in bonuses?
We are currently offing a retention bonus plan for this housekeeping position. What this means is, if you are hired you will receive a total of three $300 bonuses! The first $300 bonus will be paid on your first paycheck, you will receive your second $300 bonus at six months of employment and you will receive your third and final $300 bonus at nine months of employment.
St. Vincent Healthcare is a wonderful place to work with dedicated associates who become more like your work-family. We take great pride in being a preferred hospital in the Billings community and have won awards for our patient services. If you are passionate about helping others then join us and become part of our St. Vincent Team!
In this position, the Environmental Services Technician performs a variety of routine cleaning tasks and maintains assigned work area and equipment in a safe, orderly, and sanitary condition at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Cleaning and Disinfecting Patient Rooms and Dismissal Units
• Duties consistent with cleaning patient rooms or dismissal units are including but not limited to disinfecting all surfaces, emptying trash, cleaning of sinks, counter areas, shower and toilet, dusting, mopping and vacuuming, restocking paper products and shampooing the carpet.
Cleaning Public Areas and Project Work
• Duties consist of disinfecting all public areas such as waiting areas, public restrooms - including sinks, toilets, spot washing walls, damp mop, and refill paper products, stairwells which should consist of trashing areas, damp disinfecting all areas, spot wash walls, and damp disinfecting of handrails, replacement of blinds and shampooing carpets, buffing or waxing of floors in areas where needed.
Disposal of Regular and Bio-Hazardous Waste and Linen
• Responsible for knowledge of proper procedure for separating regular waste versus bio-hazardous waste, proper disposal of needles, and storage of clean and dirty linen.
Cleaning of Ancillary Areas/Team Cleaning
• Duties consist of wearing back pack vacuum, cleaning restrooms, trashing areas and damp disinfecting (Examples of Ancillary Areas: Lab, Pharmacy, Surgery Plus, Radiology, Administrative Offices, Central Supply, Kitchen, Cafe, plus any other assigned duties for these areas).
Departmental Service Pager Communication
• Duties consist of a working knowledge of carrying and utilizing the Environmental Service Pager. Answer all service calls in an appropriate manner and with the utmost professionalism.
• Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
• Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
• Experience in understanding and usage of computers preferred