This is a full-time, day shift position located at St. Joseph Hospital
Works under the supervision of the Patient Access Manager/Supervisor.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing a friendly and pleasant scheduling and pre-registration process to assure that physician, patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scheduling and pre-registering inpatient admissions, outpatient visits, procedure and other appointments.
- Responsible capturing orders for successful order processing and exam scheduling.
- Works with physician offices, patient, Health Center departments and all other completing job functions including patient demographic information for pre-registration and insurance eligibility verification to ensure financial clearance.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission, EMTALA regulations and other regulatory agencies.
- High School/GED
- 2 or more years in a hospital medical office or insurance experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
- CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare benefit plans, including Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SYS-SJD Patient Access
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17009648