Saint Joseph Hospital is a regional leader in Cardiovascular Surgery (CVOR); come join our CVOR team ranked 2nd in Colorado in Cardiovascular Surgery!
- Heart and vascular surgery
- Prostate surgery
- Surgical weight loss procedures
- Breast surgery
- Spine surgery
- Orthopedic and joint replacement surgery
- Gastrointestinal surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
Surgical procedures are a top specialty at Saint Joseph Hospital in Denver. Consistently ranked as one of the top hospitals in the country for general surgery, Saint Joseph Hospital is among the top healthcare providers in the nation when it comes to safety, reduced risk of complications and clinical outcomes.
Guidelines and instructions depend on the specific type of surgery that a patient receives. A patient's physician and nursing staff will make sure that all questions are answered and ensure that patient have everything they need to have a successful experience.
The CVOR Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Associate's degree in nursing, required (BSN required within 5 years of employment)
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, preferred
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of experience in a CVOR (Cardiovascular) ; Peripheral vascular surgery setting ; scrubbing is a plus but not required