This position is responsible for posting all incoming patient and insurance payments on a daily basis. Monitors and audits quality and accuracy of payment postings, and researches possible posting errors.
- Balance payments to deposits in the billing system. Posts all insurance payments to patient accounts. Uses both electronic and manual posting systems.
- Research, validate and make adjustments to payment postings. Follow up in accordance to procedures and policies with an overall goal of account resolution.
- Post denials received from insurance to patient accounts.
- Monitors and audits quality and accuracy of payment postings.
- Trains and mentors new associates to the department. Serves as a subject matter expert and resource to answer questions within the department.
- Responsible for meeting productivity and quality goals.
- This position may require mandatory overtime and scheduled weekend hours, as needed to meet month-end business needs.
- All associates of SCL Health System are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- Be available to work overtime if needed.
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others.
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and act in a professional manner.
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role.
- Be in compliance with all SCL Health System policies.
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned.
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn.
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks.
- Be willing to perform other duties as assigned.
| ||Minimum Required ||Preferred (Optional)|
|Education ||High School Diploma or Equivalent || |
| Additional Detail || || |
|Experience ||More than 3 years and less than 5 years || |
| Additional Detail ||Medical billing payment posting || |
|Licensure, Certification |
| || |
|Other: Knowledge, |
Skills and Abilities
|General computer skills. Typing, 10-key, and MS Office products including Word and Excel. |
Knowledge of general medical billing, insurance, and compliance regulations and coding.
Knowledge of how to read an insurance Explanation of Benefits (EOB)
Other combinations of formal education, training and experience may be considered.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-RSC-Cash Mgmt Services
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17010050