The Director, Surgical Services is the Nursing Leader responsible for the day-to-day operation and oversight of Surgical Services This position is focused on the direction, supervision, and overall coordination of nursing care provided to ensure a delivery of high quality, cost effective care that is centered around the needs of the patient.
- Leads initiatives resulting in enhanced physician, patient and associate satisfaction and improved quality.
- Creates an environment that facilitates innovative patient care delivery with a focus on infection prevention and patient safety.
- Ensures that adequate, appropriately competent and qualified staff is available to meet patient care needs.
- Ensures that an organizational structure is developed, implemented and maintained which supports quality, efficient and safe patient care while enhancing patient, physician and staff satisfaction.
- Ensures a program for initial and ongoing staff education is in place and providing quality services for all staff as defined within applicable and accepted professional standards.
- Actively works to develop and maintain good working relationships with medical staff, other leadership within the organization and staff.
- Responsible for oversight and validation of department budgets, maintaining financial accountability and working with the CNO/COO, CFO, Physician directors, OR Steering Committee and others to address areas of concern within financially and clinically driven performance reports.
RN Licensure required
Bachelors Degree from four year college or university.
Masters Degree in health related field preferred.
3-5 years acute care management experience
Surgical Services background required.
Specialty Certification preferred.
Product line development experience preferred.