This position will provide overall administrative and technical assistance and support in the operation of the assigned nursing unit; and will collaborate with other staff and leaders in the development, management and operation of the unit.
- Provide telephone coverage for unit; answer calls promptly and courteously; receive and distribute messages accurately and in a timely manner.
- Provide administrative support to assigned unit; pick up and distribute daily mail; maintain bulletin boards; post memos/schedules/communications in established locations.
- Coordinate and monitor patient charge card and cart rotation system; communicate any recommended changes in inventory levels and/or problems as necessary.
- File materials as requested in patient charts (e.g. care plans, lab reports, etc.); thin charts according to established time frames and procedures.
- Maintain adequate supply of office supplies to ensure efficient, cost effective, systematic operation of department; order supplies as necessary, within established limitations, and according to established guidelines.
- Monitor elevators on floors; ensure no unauthorized/unescorted resident use occurs; notify supervisor for intervention as needed.
- Maintain work area in a neat and organized manner according to the approved nursing station organization chart.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- One year of related clerical experience, required
- Basic computer skills with knowledge of word processing and data entry systems, required
- Highly organized, detail oriented, required
- Strong customer service skills, required
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, preferred
- One year of related experience in a health care facility, preferred
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Med Ser Float Pool-Tel Mon
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17009730