The Director of Patient Access is responsible for leading the patient access function for designated SCL Health care sites – providing a high level of operational effectiveness as well as customer service during the scheduling and registrations processes. This position is key to implementing initiatives, transforming patient access services across the care site, improving the patient experience as well as financial outcomes. This position will effectively direct patient access to meet identified key performance objectives. This position will build and maintain relationships with the care site CFO, site leadership and other collaborative partners in the organization in system and site initiatives.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work history in management and/or health related field.
- CHAA and/or CHAM Certification Preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the health care industry, specifically the functions of access services and patient accounts through a minimum of seven years’ experience, three of which are required in a management/supervisory role.
- Demonstrated experience working with clinical staff within the hospital and operations leadership;
- Dynamic communication and leadership skills necessary to communicate to all levels of management, to effectively supervise, guide and manage employees and to establish effective working relationships with multiple levels and departments internally and externally.
- Ability to identify and work through complex problems throughout the revenue cycle and various on-site departments.
- Skilled in information systems technology throughout the revenue cycle including implementation, change control and manipulation of data;
- Experience managing work groups involved in revenue cycle operations – with the ability to evaluate and adjust workflows to optimize performance;
- Experience in leading patient focused service operations in admissions, billings, collections and customer service;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, and ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, CO
Primary Location: CO-Brighton
Department: PVMC-Patient Accounts
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17010139