Manages the daily operations of the Payment Posting department.
1. Manages the operations and performance in the department. Collaborates with the department management team in planning, program development, human resource management, budget planning, customer satisfaction, patient experience, communication and compliance with regulatory agencies.
2. Evaluates service needs and volumes and adjusts staffing levels accordingly. Maintains effective and appropriate staffing and staff scheduling to ensure quality and effective service. Promotes staff flexibility and cross-training. Provides communication to associates through rounding, huddles, staff meetings and other forms of communication to relay updates regarding department updates, organizational activities, financial performance, educational opportunities, interdepartmental activities and QI activities.
3. Responsible for problem solving to address issues relating to service. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team and interdepartmentally to facilitate that department’s ability to meet its goals and objective. Ensures coordination of services with other departments to promote the highest level of patient experience and satisfaction. Participates in interdisciplinary committees throughout the organization.
4. Manages human resource functions such as interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development. Maintains personnel files, including documentation of appropriate staff orientation, competency, training, discipline and performance reviews. Oversees department timekeeping and payroll. Collaborates with HR concerning employee issues and performance. Conducts employee coaching, counselling, disciplinary actions and annual appraisals. Monitors staff adherence to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Participates in stewardship activities including management of department resources and budget. Prepares and presents departmental process flows and evaluates reporting and other analytical data to monitor and manage performance and quality.
6. Partners with the department director and leadership team to identify and drive quality and performance improvement initiatives. Participates in establishing mechanisms to design, measure, maintain, and improve the performance, efficiency and quality of department services. Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Participates with management team and staff in development of action plans in line with the organization's strategic initiatives and goals.
Associate's degree is required.
Three (3) years of revenue cycle experience and previous supervisory experience is required.
Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Demonstrated ability to eval processes and lead process improvement initiatives.
Understand how to evaluate data and leverage to improve processes.
LEAN training is preferred.