Assume responsibility and accountability for the overall management of Platte Valley Medical Center Oncology Resource Services as assigned by the Oncology Service Line Director. Manage and participate in the delivery of quality cancer education and support. Oversees the clinical trials program at Platte Valley Medical Center. Promotes the mission and objectives of the Oncology service line. Ensure quality of care and provide a rewarding climate for staff, which enhances clinical practices. Supervise and participate in providing information, education and emotional support and facilitate access to resources for cancer patients, their families and friends, and community members. Promotes the mission to educate the community on Oncology services, especially early prevention, early detection, risk reduction, and promotion of health lifestyles.
The attached Job Description details the essential functions of your position. The list below is also considered to be essential functions of your position and all employees are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
- Be available to work overtime if needed
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL Behavior standards
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the PVMC Employee Handbook
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
- May require provision of direct patient care if clinic needs dictate
- PVMC is a Planetree facility
- A Bachelors degree in a health related field from an accredited institution.
- Licensed Health Professional
- Patient education Experience
- Knowledge of health related community resources
- Leadership skills, which include the ability to organize and implement diverse systems of information: flexibility personnel management and independent decision making
- Oncology certified R.N.
Organization: Platte Valley Medical Center, Brighton, CO
Primary Location: CO-Brighton
Department: PVMC-Med Onc Chemo Infusion
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17009976