In this position, the End-User Analyst I is responsible for supporting end-users' IT needs. Provides accurate, timely, and creative solutions to end-user computer hardware, peripherals, printers, operating systems, software applications, networking, and video conferencing problems. Data Center Operations, including performing backups and assisting operations staff when on-site support is needed. Assist other STSC teams, such as Service Delivery, MS Admin, and Networking, when on-site problem solving and evaluation is needed. Primary responsibility will be to provide direct customer support to resolve customer problems/questions as quickly as possible while providing highest level of service. If it is not possible to resolve the problem the End-User Analyst will coordinate problem solving with appropriate STSC teams. Strong communication skills required to relay task status, task issues, and resolution.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesEducation and Experience:
User Support for Multiple Computer Systems
- Monitors and handles troubleshooting of systems, dispatching to appropriate STSC resource if unable to correct issue.
- Keeps user base informed of systems changes (software/hardware upgrades, planned down times, system unavailability).
- Adequately documents resolution to issues in STSC ticketing software.
- Assists with writing problem-solving techniques to be put into STSC ticketing software database.
- Supports new systems or new facets of existing systems, and keeps abreast of technology changes.
- Troubleshoots PC and Printer based issues and at times utilizing remote software where appropriate.
- Works directly with STSC virtual teams while troubleshooting enterprise applications both locally and across region and/ or system.
- Participates as the primary agent in the setup and implementation of desktop systems including hardware and software installation, network connectivity, VOIP and analog phone sets/systems installation, and backup systems.
- Responds to voice mail, email and ticketing application messages according to priority schedule.
- Disseminates information to STSC and end user base when appropriate.
- Provides detail shift reports to STSC Team.
Information Systems Department Team Support
- Assists in all areas of STSC when needed.
- Maintains and updates policies and procedures for areas of responsibility.
- Updates support staff regularly on the status of projects, trouble tickets and system changes.
- Responsible for software trouble tickets, hardware trouble tickets and procedures.
- Work rotating shifts.
- Project work as assigned.
- Position has “On Call” responsibility
Backup Operational Requirements
- Perform routine data and system backups for primary information systems
- Checks all system backup logs for errors and to verify error free backups.
- Works with analysts and support personnel to assure that all backups are being accomplished correctly and at the appropriate time.
- Representative of the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform the essential functions of the position
- High School Diploma OR equivalent General Education Diploma.
- Demonstrated proficiency in microcomputer software including: Windows and Microsoft Office Products.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer hardware maintenance and troubleshooting.
- Ability to work rotating shifts and prolonged shifts up to 12 hours.
- Strong research, organizational and analytical skills as well as the ability to teach users
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex, multi-disciplinary problems in a graceful and sensitive manner.
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment.
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SYS-STSC-Site Ops-SVB
Shift: Evening Shift
Job Number: 17009411