Needs weekend and overnight availability to cover needs of department
This position is responsible for providing emotional and spiritual support in pastoral care to patients, their families and hospital staff.
- Responsible for assessing and attending to the spiritual needs of patients, their families, and employees, particularly in times of spiritual distress brought on by life threatening or life altering medical diagnoses and procedures.
- Serves the patient and family by assisting in resolution of bioethical concerns, and may be asked to assist in matters such as securing family permission for organ transplantation, or providing a religious perspective on withdrawing life support systems.
- As a service to the hospital staff, spiritual counseling and support is offered through group work, religious services, hospital celebrations, and other methods.
- Represents the hospital to the broader religious community and the surrounding areas.
- Performs other related duties as directed in order to support the achievement of established goals and objectives.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Divinity, Theology, Ministry, Formation, Worship, Spiritual Ministry, or related field
- Four units of Clinical Pastoral Education
- Working toward certification in a professional chaplaincy organization
- Two years’ experience as a chaplain in a health care organization (internship hours are accepted)
- Skills in assessing and responding to critical health care incidents
- Worship and leadership skills
- Master’s Degree in Divinity, Theology, Ministry, Formation, Worship, Spiritual Ministry, or related field; or equivalent education
- Certification in a professional chaplaincy organization
- Three years’ experience as a chaplain in a health care organization
- Experience in bereavement or other related fields
Needs availability for weekends and overnight shifts/ PDM position
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-Spiritual Care
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Night Shift
Job Number: 17009751