Fulltime - 80 hours per pay period
7am - 3:30pm - Monday - Friday
Rotating 4th weekend coverage
Provides building maintenance services on a variety of technologies through maintenance management, preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and repair, vendor management, periodical review and detailed written and computer documentation.
- Maintains Preventative Maintenance , (repairs of all the hospital’s pneumatic tube systems – ELMC) , and all other related equipment.
- Assembles, maintains, and repairs doors, ceilings, walls, plumbing fixtures, light fixtures, floors, patient beds, carts, vacuum cleaners, buffers, furniture, non-clinical patient care equipment, and other related items.
- Repairs ovens, mixers, traylines, fryers, disposals, autoclaves and related equipment.
- Support utilities using a variety of tools, welders, testers and shop equipment.
- Initiates necessary paperwork to document and complete repairs and PM’s per requirements of Facilities Management
- Completes daily work assignments and required documentation in iTMS.
- Meet the user needs through multidisciplinary communication, coordination and documentation.
- Responsible for the continuous and reliable operation of equipment and systems within assigned service area.
- Assist in fiscal management functions such as project estimating and the purchase of tools and materials for assigned area.
- Establish and coordinate preventative maintenance program for assigned area.
- Ensure all documentation is completed properly.
- Maintain a working knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Maintain working knowledge of general construction, plumbing, electrical, mechanical maintenance, and HVAC/R.
- Read and interpret blueprints, mechanical drawings, manufacturer's specifications, and mathematics and computer skills.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulatory guidelines, requirements, standards and codes required of healthcare facilities, to include but not limited to NFPA, JCAHO, ADA and OSHA.
High school graduate or GED required.
Courses in blueprint reading, mechanical drawing, engineering-related mathematics, carpentry/woodworking, electrical, and plumbing desired.
Minimum of five years experience as a maintenance mechanic.
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required.
Must be able to work odd shifts if called upon according to nature of work being performed.
May be requested to use personal vehicle and/or company vehicle for pickup/delivery of items pertinent to the job, or to travel to/from off-campus job locations.
In addition to the responsibilities described above, the role may include such other responsibilities and duties as assigned from time to time, based upon SCL Health needs or requirements.
Must carry a pager during assigned shift and when on-call.
Must respond to all pages within reasonable time frame.
- A current valid Colorado driver’s license is required.
Organization: Lutheran Medical Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: LMC-CBRE-Plant Ops & Maint
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17009576