Good Samaritan is a Level II Trauma Center with 14 surgical suites and one room designated for cystoscopy. We preform all types of surgical cases with the exception of open hearts and transplants. We have DaVinci robots on site and perform the deep brain stimulation surgeries for the region.
This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of operational policies and procedures for a specific department. Collaborate in intra- and inter-departmental planning, problem solving, and decision making within the scope of their responsibility. This position requires the application of advanced, broad-based knowledge of business practices as well as techniques of supervision, management, and leadership.
- Interprets and directs the implementation of departmental policies and procedures.
- Plans, selects, and devises operational best practicess, work methods, procedures, work flow and standards for quality and quantity of work, including staffing standards.
- Assigns, directs and reviews the work of subordinate supervisors/other personnel. Prepares formal answers to, and recommends the adjustment of, grievances and disciplinary matters.
- Responsible for business oversight, including preparation of budget for assigned area or program and adherence to approved budget.
- Responsible for business operations of the department, including but not limited to materials management, information systems, scheduling, billing, and personnel management.
- Monitors and evaluates operations for compliance with licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Assesses plans, directs, and evaluates educational and professional development programs for assigned area or program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance or related degree, required.
- Five years experience in a business operations, management related position, required.
- A strong understanding of the various common hospital information systems; able to research complex issues with minimal guidance, required.
- Good interpersonal skills; able to work collaboratively with diverse groups, required.
- Good priority management skills, required.
- Ability to deal with conflicting interests and to resolve situations effectively, required.
- Able to form meaningful conclusions and present complex data in an understandable format, required.
- General knowledge of the fundamentals of hospital organization and administration, required.