The Category Manager oversees a portfolio of contracts regarding the supply, equipment and service formularies in assigned areas. Identifies contract opportunities, utilization improvements and standardization opportunities through data mining activities. Responsible for bidding, negotiation and awarding contracts for assigned area. Facilitates value analysis committees meetings with significant user groups. Manages relationships with vendors.
• Manages portfolio of contracts regarding the supplies, equipment or services in assigned area of responsibility. Bids,
negotiates and awards contracts.
• Interfaces with GPO staff to evaluate GPO offerings and integrates them into SCLHS contract portfolio as warranted.
• Incorporates appropriate terms and conditions into final contract documentation, ensuring adherence and compliance to all contractual, financial, Local and regulatory specifications or requirements.
• Analyzes potential suppliers. Audits and monitors current vendor performance as well as the contract or programs overall effectiveness.
Facilitates Value Analysis Teams
• Facilitates any value analysis teams for assigned areas of responsibility. Recruits and educates members on the VA process.
• Ensures compliance to the VA process. Coordinates the work of this team with those of work groups involved in product selection, contracting and vendor management.
Expense Management Projects
• Identifies opportunities for cost reduction via review of purchase history, industry benchmarks, contract compliance data and utilization information
• Interviews users, physicians and peers to identify possible cost reduction opportunities. Benchmarks SCLHS's practices and utilization against others to identify improvement opportunities.