As part of the Supply Chain team and in support of the IT category, the Category Manager has oversight of a portfolio of contracts regarding the supply, equipment and service formularies in IT sourcing. Identifies contract opportunities, negotiates and provides creative strategies, recommends utilization improvements and standardization opportunities through data mining activities. Responsible for bidding, negotiation and awarding contracts for assigned area. Facilitates value analysis committees meetings with significant user groups. Manages relationships with vendors.
• BS/BA degree in Business Administration or related field, required
• Experience in contract negotiation, required
• Fluency with PowerPoint, required
• Strong leadership and facilitation skills, required.
• 3-5 years purchasing experience
• 1-2 years IT vendor management or support experience
• Experience in healthcare setting, preferred
• Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM) or Certified Materiel and Resource Professional (CMRP), preferred
• Competency with Microsoft Access, preferred