Your recruiter will update this in
The Patient Care Technician (PCT) provides functions of the Unit Secretary position (clerical support, order transcription, and customer service) and the Certified Nursing Assistant role by collaborating with Nursing staff and other health care team members to provide optimum, quality patient care. The PCT works under the direct supervision of the RN and provides direct patient care (activities of daily living).
- Promotes mission, vision, and values of ESJH and Exempla Healthcare.
- Actively fulfills Best in the Nation goals.
- Maintains clean unit, work space, and patient’s environment per regulatory and hospital requirements.
- Demonstrates safe care within the clerical and patient care functions.
- Communicates with all members of the healthcare team and patients and families, both in-person and via telephone.
- Documents in accordance with regulatory, hospital, and unit guidelines.
- Organizational and prioritization skills.
- Proficient key boarding and computer skills.
- Handling of patient biomedical equipment.
- Receives delegation from RN and/ or charge nurse
- Contributes to patient plan of care through active review of patient charts for medical orders and through delivery of safe activities of daily living.
- Assists physicians and RNs by provision of information or other duties
- Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter- and intradepartmentally to facilitate that department’s/unit’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
- Admission and discharge of patients.
formation before posting.
- Certified Nursing Assistant licensed in Colorado by DORA, required
- High school diploma or GED, required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association, required
- One year experience as a C.N.A in an acute hospital setting highly desired
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Shift: Night Shift
Job Number: 17009000