In this position, the qualified candidate will organize and manage the daily operations of the Stewardship Analytics department.
1. Manages the performance of the System Business Analytics department including the management of labor productivity, benchmarking analytics, and the decision support system (EPSi) including accurate, timely and sound financial, clinical and cost accounting information Works collaboratively with the Data Analytics team to develop reporting that is automated, accurate and timely for sound financial and operational decision making. Leads various teams and task forces to support financial stewardship and goals. Support Site and Senior Management with various special projects, reporting and tools. Collaborates with the department management team in planning, program development, human resource management, budget planning, customer satisfaction, safety, communication and compliance with regulatory agencies.
2. Evaluates service needs and volumes and adjusts staffing levels accordingly. Maintains effective and appropriate staffing and staff scheduling to ensure goals are met. Promotes staff flexibility and cross-training. Provides communication to associates through huddles, staff meetings and other forms of communication to relay updates regarding department updates, organizational activities, financial performance, educational opportunities, interdepartmental activities and QI activities.
3. Responsible for problem solving to address issues relating to customer service. Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team and interdepartmentally to facilitate that department’s ability to meet its goals and objective. Participates in interdisciplinary committees throughout the organization.
4. Manages human resource functions such as interviewing, selection, orientation, education/training, feedback, performance evaluation, and policy and procedure development. Maintains personnel files, including documentation of appropriate staff orientation, competency, training, discipline and performance reviews. Oversees department timekeeping and payroll. Collaborates with HR concerning employee issues and performance. Conducts employee coaching, counselling, disciplinary actions and annual appraisals. Monitors staff adherence to hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
5. Participates in the preparation of operational and capital budgets. Participates in fiscal accountability of services, operational and capital planning, annual operating plans, business plans for new services and human resource structure. Prepares and presents business plans, reports, and other statistical data related to medical imaging. Monitors supply inventories and capital equipment purchases. Oversees and manages instrument service contracts. Ensures equipment is maintained and functioning properly.
6. Partners with the department director and leadership team to identify and drive quality and performance improvement initiatives. Participates in establishing mechanisms to design, measure, maintain, and improve the performance and quality of department services. Ensures compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and established departmental policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards. Participates with management team and staff in development of action plans in line with the organization's strategic initiatives and goals.
Located in Broomfield, CO.
Requires: Bachelor's degree in finance, IT, or related field.
Five (5) years health care analytics
• Advance level Excel skills
• Communication skills
• Critical thinking skills
• Organizational skills
• Leadership competencies
• Understanding of statistical analysis
• Presentation and public speaking skills
• Master's degree
• Highly Prefer EPSi experience