In this position, the Radiology Tech performs radiographic procedures in order to obtain desired results according to physicains specifications and also assists other clinical staff in the delivery of patient care services.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects and operates equipment, including film cassettes and markers, while selecting proper technical factors on an individual patient basis.
- Assists physicians in performance of examinations by mixing and pouring contrast media, administering opaque medium holding and turning patients, assisting in sterile procedures, and other related duties as required
- Greets, escorts, and prepares patients for exams and procedures.
- Performs and records vital signs and patient history information to include chief complaint, allergies, and current medications.
- Maintains exam rooms and consistently replenishes patient care supplies
The information above is for summary purposes and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.