In this position, the Physical Therapist assists in the treatment of physical dysfunction or injury by the use of therapeutic exercise and the application of modalities with the purpose of restoring or facilitating normal function or development in the patient.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Evaluates patients, schedules and establishes appropriate treatment goals and delivers skilled physical assessments and treatments effectively.
- Delegates/supervises effectively within scope of authority to students, assistants and technicians.
- Reassesses patient’s progress, revises treatment plan and modifies goals when appropriate.
- Discharges patient when therapy services are no longer needed or beneficial.
Environment of Care
- Assists in orientation and training of new personnel using orientation checklist and department Policy and Procedure Manual.
- Contributes to maintaining all requirements needed for JCAHO/CARF accreditation and for successful state surveys
- Documents assessments, discharge summaries and all daily treatments
- Designs, explains and provides copy of discharge treatment and activity plan to patient, family, or caregiver
- Bachelor’s degree from a Physical Therapy program
- Current MT Physical Therapist license
- Current BLS certification
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-OP Thrpy 1-OP rehab clinic
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17008108