1. Performs safety testing, performance testing, and preventive maintenance to meet NFPA, OSHA, and The Joint Commission compliance, primarily on basic medical equipment.
2. Performs electronic repairs, according to manufacturers’ specifications, on basic medical equipment to ensure equipment that is 100% operational.
3. Replaces defective components to ensure minimal damage to components. Performs operational checkout and safety testing of all repaired equipment.
4. Completes proper documentation for work requests.
5. Responds immediately to emergency repairs, including after hours and weekends.
6. Communicates the nature of repair to the department supervisor as well as an estimate of the possible down-time. Informs personnel on equipment status after completion of repairs.
7. (All SCL jobs) Promotes mission, vision, and values of SCL Health, and abides by service behavior standards.
8. (All SCL jobs) Performs other duties as assigned.
9. (If applicable) May be required to float to other departments (within scope of competency and qualifications) based on business need.
10. (If applicable) May be required to be placed on-call during a regularly scheduled shift.
Completion of a two (2) year approved Biomedical Electronics program or comparable education or military training/experience