In this position, the Transport Technician assists in transporting patients to and from departments; delivers supplies, linens, food, and other items as requested; and also may be responsible for cleaning equipment after treatments and arranging treatment supplies and equipment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Patient Care Responsibilities
- Provides safe transport of patients between interdepartmental units
- Daily rounding to departments for collection of empty O2 cylinders
- Daily picks up soiled medical equipment from clinical areas and transports to Central Processing
- Picks up and deliver supplies and equipment between Distribution, Clinical Engineering and other clinical areas
- Picks up and restocks CPR Carts after use.
- Retrieves and delivers patient food request to nursing units as requested.
- Provides rudimentary order entry into the computer ordering system
- Provides transport of expired patients to the morgue area if Public Safety is not available.
- Monitors units for equipment over the expected par levels
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within one month of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position
Organization: St. Vincent Healthcare, Billings, MT
Primary Location: MT-Billings/Surrounding Areas-Billings
Department: SVB-Central Transportation
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Night Shift
Job Posting: 10/6/2017 10:58:23 PM
Job Number: 17008185