Located at Platte Valley Medical Center, the Pharmacy Technician works under the supervision of a licensed pharmacist and is responsible for:
· Complete and accurate charging of all pharmacy items (inpatient and outpatient). Corrects any mistakes regardless of reason or result.
· Accurately restocks all patient service areas and Pyxis machines with all medication used according to the stocking list. Follows up on all exceptions to an appropriate end result.
· Performs monthly inventory to remove outdates from Pyxis machines and pharmacy. Handles return of outdates and overstock.
· Performs monthly checks for outdates on all Code Blue carts throughout the hospital.
· Maintains an adequate inventory for week-to-week use.
· Accurately receives all merchandise in a timely manner. Checks in merchandise, checks bid prices, stores inventory in correct place.
· Completes all purchase orders weekly and in a timely manner. Willingly performs pharmacy clerk functions in a timely and accurate fashion.
· Completes special assigned tasks in a timely manner and helps to complete tasks for the pharmacist as requested.
· Accurately completes the narcotic distribution process checking for outdates using established procedures and completing required documentation. Notifies a pharmacist of any issues relating to controlled substance accountability. Is able to demonstrate the appropriate use of the C-II safe as a super user.
A high school diploma or G.E.D. (students are an exception). Must be a Certified Pharmacist Technician.
Highly prefer 6 months Inpatient Pharmacy Tech experience.
Prefer typing, computer (Microsoft Office), 10‑key, and inventory control skills.