Cook for part time 20 hours/week 530am to 730pm shifts Mon-Fri plus rotating weekends. Backup position, can pick up shifts for more hours when available, up to 40 hrs.
The Cook will support patient meal cooking, and Cafe cooking for staff and patient family members coming to the cafe - includes strong customer service as Line Cook.
This will be a backup position and a float to cover open shifts due to vacations and other needs.
- Must be available to work different shifts from 530am-730pm, usually 8 hr shifts
- Days will vary Mon- Fri, plus weekend rotation.
We offer a good schedule for work /life balance.
We look forward to receiving your application!
This position is responsible for preparing food in accordance with established menus, recipes and sanitary standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of all food served in the facility.
- Assure adherence to menus, including those for special diets ordered.
- Provide input into development/revision of master menus and modified diet menus.
- Assure optimal quality, temperature and appearance of meals.
- Act in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, hazard-free work area.
- Assist with the purchase, storage and inventory of the food supply.
- Maintain knowledge of current nutritional practice.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes, required
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Experience with quantity food preparation, preferred
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements, preferred