The Certified Nurse Assistant will provide care to those patients in our Home Hospice program which includes driving to patients at their homes or in skilled nursing facilities. Essential duties includes, but not limited to:
- Demonstrates skill in providing safe and appropriate techniques for performance of personal hygiene, repositioning, transfers, ambulation, ADLs, light housekeeping and occasional light meal preparation
- Understands basic elements of body functioning and can identify changes that must be reported to the nurse.
- Understands and normalizes signs of death and dying.
- Able to recognize signs of physical pain, spiritual or emotional distress and report them to the nurse.
- Once receiving initial patient assignment, organize a schedule for visits and keeps patients and families informed of planned schedule and need for schedule changes
- Keep patients/families appraised of any delay or change from expected visit time.
- Reports immediately to the home hospice clinical manager if circumstances result in an inability to complete the patient assignment.
- Teach family members basic cares such as appropriate hygiene, safe transferring, turning and repositioning.
- Maintains calm and composed presence with patient and family in emergent or frightening care situations (pain crisis, seizure, death, etc.) until nurse arrives.
High school diploma or GED, required
Certification as a nurse aide in the state of Colorado, required
Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification from the American Heart Association, required
Reliable automobile, current unrestricted driver's license, and automobile insurance, required
Minimum 1 year of C.N.A experience in a home care or hospice setting, required
Organization: Lutheran Hospice Center, Wheat Ridge, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Wheat Ridge
Department: ELH-Home Hospice- OP
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 9/29/2017 10:59:36 PM
Job Number: 17007437