The Senior Registration Representative is responsible for: obtaining complete and accurate patient demographic, insurance, financial information and collection of copays; patient benefits/eligibility; referral/pre-authorizations/pre-certifications approvals from insurance companies and physician offices.
The attached Job Description details the essential functions of your position. The list below is also considered to be essential functions of your position and all employees within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time
- Be available to work overtime if needed
- Be willing to accept supervision and work well with others
- Be respectful of all with whom you interact and follow the SCL Health Service Behaviors
- Be well groomed and dressed appropriately for your role
- Be in compliance with the drug and alcohol policy as stated in the Employee Handbook
- Be sufficiently rested to perform your duties throughout the period assigned
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn
- Be able to communicate clearly, think clearly, and concentrate on assigned tasks
- High School/GED
- 2 or more years in a hospital medical office or insurance experience.
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking)
- CHAA (Certified Health Access Associate)
- Knowledge of medical terminology and healthcare benefit plans, including Medicare, Medicaid and other third party payers.
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SYS-SJD Patient Access
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 9/25/2017 10:58:34 PM
Job Number: 17006992