SCL Health is seeking a full time Medical Billing Specialist to join our talented multi-disciplinary team!
Headquartered in Broomfield, Colorado, SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit healthcare organization dedicated to improving the well-being of the people we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable. If you are interested in supporting our communities and would like to do so with an organization guided by integrity, a caring spirit and good humor, we would like to talk with you!
- Reviewing insurance reports.
- Resubmitting and working corrected claims and appeals.
- Regularly reviewing and managing aging claims and accounts receivable.
- Maximizing reimbursement through comprehensive follow-up with necessary stakeholders.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Full cycle medical billing experience.
- Experience in a healthcare environment or medical office.
- Familiarity with government or commercial payors.
- Knowledge of CPT (procedures), ICD-10 (diagnoses), and modifiers.
- The ability to read and understand Explanation of Benefits (EOB's) or interpret denials.
- A basic understanding of accounting procedures such as debits/credits.
- Experience with insurance claim appeals.
- Excellent computer skills (including Microsoft Excel).
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Broomfield
Department: SYS-Billing Operations
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17007211