This position is responsible for the planning, development and implementation of operational policies and procedures for a specific department within nursing services. Collaborate in intra- and inter-departmental planning, problem solving, and decision making within the scope of their responsibility. This position requires the application of advanced, broad-based knowledge of nursing practice and theory as well as advanced knowledge of techniques of supervision, management, and leadership.
- Interprets and directs the implementation of nursing philosophy and objectives, departmental policies and procedures, and applies recognized standards of nursing care and practice.
- Plans, selects, and devises nursing operations, work methods, procedures, work flow and standards for quality and quantity of work, including staffing standards.
- Assigns, directs and reviews the work of subordinate supervisors/other nursing personnel. Prepares formal answers to, and recommends the adjustment of, grievances and disciplinary matters.
- Determines personnel, material, equipment, and facilities needed to accomplish program goals.
- Prepares budget for assigned area or program and is responsible for adherence to approved budget.
- Coordinates nursing activities with those of other services or disciplines.
- Monitors and evaluates operations for compliance with licensure, accreditation and regulatory standards.
- Establishes, implements, and evaluates quality of care for assigned area or program.
- Assesses plans, directs, and evaluates educational and clinical professional development programs for assigned area or program.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Nursing and/ or Epidemiology
- Minimum 4 years experience in and acute care hospital
- Completion of surveillance course
- Knowledge of infection prevention principles and practices.
- Registered Nurse
- Certification in Infection Control (CIC)
- Master’s degree in Nursing, Public Health, Epidemiology, Environmental Health, Microbiology or other health related field
- two years hospital infection control nurse experience
- supervisory experience
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Quality & Safety
Shift: Day Shift
Job Number: 17007078