Diverse cases, state-of-the-art technology and a cohesive, patient-focused team
Challenge and opportunity await you with Platte Valley Medical Center as our Pre-Op & PACU Clinical Coordinator!
Platte Valley Medical Center is a 98-bed acute care community hospital and Level III Trauma Center. Located in Brighton, Colorado, you will have the best of both worlds, as you will be a comfortable driving distance away from downtown Denver while enjoying life in a midsize, close-knit community.
As our Pre-Op & PACU Coordinator, you will be an integral part of our leadership team in Surgical Services. You will serve as a clinical role model, patient advocate, leader and change agent throughout our Pre-Op & PACU areas, directly impacting our ability to provide top-notch patient care and subsequently assisting in carrying out our mission, vision and values at Platte Valley Medical Center.
If you wish to exercise your creativity while also holding on to your strong clinical skills, we invite you to answer your calling and join our legacy of patient-centered care today!
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
As our Pre-Op & PACU Clinical Coordinator, you will have the opportunity to:
- Function in the role of expert clinician, educator, consultant, and supporter of clinical practice
- In collaboration with the medical staff and nursing staff, monitor the clinical care of patients and provides clinical support to improve patient care and patient outcomes
- Incorporated within each of these role functions, serve as a role model, patient advocate, leader, change agent and cost-effective practitioner
- Demonstrate strong leadership, supervisory, and communication skills
- Serve as a clinical role model for other personnel in the department and throughout the hospital
- Actively participate in hospital activities aimed at achieving the mission of Platte Valley Medical Center
- Exercise qualities of innovation, creativity and the ability to respond positively to changing circumstances
- Assist the Department Director with the clinical and administrative management of the department
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Licensed to practice as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or ability to obtain, required
- Minimum of an Associate’s Degree in Nursing, required (Bachelors of Science in Nursing, preferred)
- BLS, required by completion of the unit-specific orientation and before working independently
- ACLS and ENPC or PALS, required 6 months after employment
- Biannual attendance at BLS and ACLS, required
- A minimum of two to three (2-3) years of nursing experience, required (preferably in Pre-Op & PACU nursing, but open to experienced ICU Charge RNs as well)
- Five (5) years of nursing experience in Pre-Op & PACU nursing, preferred
- Previous charge nurse or management experience, highly preferred