Cardiovascular Tech - Cath Lab Tech
Full Time Days
Provide highly technical professional care to patients undergoing various diagnostic and therapeutic procedures in the Cardiac Catheterization/Special Procedures Lab. (The Specialist is crossed trained between the two disciplines and competent to assist in both modalities). Assist physicians in the performance of those procedures and in the operation of technical equipment utilized during all procedures. Prepares room and equipment, instructs patients, monitors patient’s condition, and provides routine and emergency patient care during procedures. Must be able to function with minimal supervision. Is aware of and contributes to the positive atmosphere of the department. The Specialist is accountable for providing 24-hour coverage when on call to ensure timely and appropriate patient care interventions. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Graduate from an accredited school of cardiovascular technology, or equivalently accredited allied health program, or
- Certified, or Registered in Cardiovascular Technology (RCIS), or
- Documentation of 2 years of cardiac catheterization laboratory work experience, or
- Graduate from an accredited RN nursing program, or
- A Bachelor of Science degree, or
- Associate of Science degree, or an accredited allied health degree (i.e. RT), with practical experience.
RCIS or obtained within 18 months of employment.
CPR and ACLS required by completion of the unit-specific orientation and before working independently.
Registration as Surgical Assistant or Surgical Technologist with the Colorado Department of Regulatory Agencies pursuant to C.R.S. 12-43.2-101 required prior to working.
Experience: Two years experience in a cardiac catheterization lab preferred.