- The primary duty of the PDM Chaplain is to provide spiritual care and support to patients, their families, and hospital staff during critical events such as Code Blue and other Codes, deaths, and other emergency situations.
- At night, on weekends and holidays the PDM Chaplain is contacted by pager when needed.
- The PDM Chaplain replies immediately and will be on-site within 15 minutes.
- PDM Chaplain will provide an estimated time of arrival on-site to house supervisor.
- PDM Chaplain will provide updates to house supervisor regarding arrival time as necessary.
- PDM Chaplain will communicate with and update in-coming chaplain regarding status of previous nights on-call shift at the change of a shift.
- When working the night shift during the week the PDM Chaplain will respond to all critical calls and pass along the non-critical referrals to the next day’s chaplain. On weekends and holidays the PDM Chaplain will handle referrals at the beginning of the shift, as efficiently and quickly as possible. Referral sources are specific to each site.
- At the request of the Manager the PDM Chaplain works occasionally during the weekday. This time will be either spent on site, with duties the same as a day chaplain, or on the pager, responding only to the critical incidents when paged. It is the manager’s decision as to which role the PDM chaplain will function.
- It is the chaplain’s responsibility to assess the situation and determine the amount of time to spend with the patient, or the patient’s family during a critical incident.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Masters Degree in Divinity, Theology, Ministry or Pastoral Ministry.
- Four Units Clinical Pastoral Education
- Three to Five years experience as a chaplain in a critical care setting organization.
- Certification in a professional chaplaincy organization within 2 years of hire. Organizations are: NACC, NAJC, CPSP, APC, SCA.
- Experience in bereavement or other related fields.
- Skills in assessing and responding to critical health care incidents.
- Assessments, Worship, and Teaching skills.
- Palliative Care and/or Hospice Training and Experience.
Organization: Good Samaritan Medical Center, Lafayette, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Lafayette
Department: GSMC-Spiritual Care
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Night Shift
Job Posting: 8/28/2017 10:59:00 PM
Job Number: 17006719