This is a per diem (PRN) position 10 to 20 to 30 hours a week, our needs vary. Shift 6am-11pm, and some over night shifts. Some weekends. We are open Mon-Sun. Select items in warehouse that need to be delivered to nursing floor to restock supply closet.
Works independently under the supervision of the Central Distribution Supervisor and indirectly under the Materiel Management Operations Manager. Inventories or replenishes supply levels of all nursing and most ancillary departments. Receives supply to stock, issues, picks, processes and delivers all requests for supplies and equipment to support nursing and ancillary departments’ needs. Documents all supply replenishment performed enter issues/ credits, patient care equipment and charges. Processes patient and supply charges for interfacing and dayclose activities
TECHNICAL SKILLS • Establish, inventory and replenish adequate supply levels, including exchange and par carts to support daily activities for nursing and ancillary departments.
• Monitors, rotates, removes and documents all outdated and overstocked supplies, checking for any damage to items.
• Enters supply replenished par level forms, including par, Pyxis inventory, or exchange carts to support daily activities for nursing and ancillary departments.
• Verifies inventory and control levels for all nursing and schedules ancillary departments.
• Physically stocks, and pick needed supplies for delivery to nursing and ancillary departments.
• Provides support to CD supply program and inventory through customer service, guest relations and teamwork.
• Ensures complete and accurate patient, department and equipment asset information is recorded for processing daily changes and issues/ credits.
• Delivers STAT requests and Cor cart exchanges within 15 minutes.
• Picks up soiled equipment from soiled utility rooms as scheduled, uses proper PPE, carts and elevators.
• Ability to learn and identify products verbally, physically and by catalog or item numbers.
• Utilize ESI computer menus to identify supplies, locations, on hand quantities for stocked and non-stocked supplies.
• Understands and utilizes ESI computer system effectively and efficiently.
• Completes daily supply charges, patient supply or equipment charges, creates interface and day close activities on computer.
• Demonstrates understanding, maintains proficiency and complies with hospital and Materiel Management policies on regulated/ mandated competencies, quizzes and tests.
• Aids co workers in heavy workload periods, completes typical days workload as assigned, maintains safe and clean work environment, suggests, assists, or uses own initiative to do special projects.
• Demonstrates ability to work within a cohesive team, in dealing with coworkers and all members of SCL Health promote efficiency and provide quality patient care.
• Communicates well laterally and vertically, provides optimum customer service, and responds to all requests in a courteous and professional manner.
• Provide active input to the development of ideas and plans to assure the Touch.
• Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines and requirements.
• Demonstrate age related care skills as defined by unit patient population.
High School Diploma or Equivalent, required
• Knowledge of computer.
• Medical Terminology or medical supplies is desirable