Plan to hit the slopes this season but lift ticket prices got you feeling dizzy? We can help! Through January 31st 2018 we are offering reimbursement up to $1,100 for any ski pass you want! Join our team this winter and take advantage of the amazing benefits we have to offer!*
Take your nursing career to the next level into leadership!
The Orthopedic unit at Lutheran Medical Center is called the Human Motion Institute (HMI). Combined with our Surgical unit, the Human Motion Institute consists of 37 beds and was designed to provide state-of-the-art musculoskeletal and post –op general surgical care. Our pod design maximizes nursing care while our large private rooms and baths facilitate comfort for our patients. We are very proud of our HMI/Surgical unit. Come join us!
The RN Shift Specialty Coordinator position has responsibility for the management of patient care provided by department personnel. The incumbent assesses, plans, implements and evaluates the nursing care of the departmental patients in order to ensure that patients and families receive an optimum level of care.
- Provide clinical support and act as a resource to nursing staff in order to provide optimal patient care.
- Ensure continuity of appropriate patient care by planning staff assignments, providing direct patient care, and evaluating outcome of patient care.
- Promote positive public relations and act as a liaison with patients, physicians, significant others, visitors and staff in ancillary departments.
- Participate in performance improvement activities.
- Participate in the selection, training, development and evaluation of subordinates and initiate personnel actions in accordance with Human Resources policies and organization philosophy.
- Contribute to the development of nursing staff by identifying learning needs and assisting in meeting these needs.
- Utilize manual and automated information systems to improve efficiency and effect productivity.
- Comply with established personal protective equipment requirements necessary for protection against exposure to blood and other potentially infectious body fluids, chemical disinfectants, radiation, asbestos, and other hazardous substances.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served within the unit.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing, required
- Bachelor's in Nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Three years of RN experience in an acute hospital setting, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
*Restrictions apply. No cash value. Requires one to two year commitment to position hired in to. Full-time benefits-eligible RN and Surgical Tech positions at Saint Joseph Hospital, Lutheran Medical Center and Platte Valley Medical Center only. Non-transferrable. Tickets must be purchased by 2/15/18 and reimbursement submitted within 4 weeks of purchase.