Assures the safety of staff and patients through implementation of all State and Federal regulations which govern activities utilizing radioactive materials and x-ray producing equipment. Assures the accurate measurement of the radiation output from radiation sources employed in radiation therapy. Oversees all aspects of treatment planning, Dosimetry calculations and delivery of radiation to patients. Provides technical support in the evaluation, purchase, acceptance testing, and implementation of new x-ray producing equipment.
- Oversees and/or performs acceptance testing, calibration maintenance, and documentation of all Radiation Oncology equipment, according to State, Federal, and regulatory bodies to ensure compliance.
- Collaborates, advises, performs, and supervises treatment planning. Verifies all prescription calculations and notifies physician of any discrepancies.
- Participates in development and/or review of technical policy and procedures on an annual basis. Observes established hospital policies and procedures, quality management program, radiation safety, environmental and infection control guidelines.
- Provides staff with radiation safety education of radioactive material and radiation producing equipment on an annual basis.
- Provides associates with required education to implement new equipment, technology, treatment techniques or technical workflow.
- Informs, advises, and collaborates with department leadership, radiation oncologist and appropriate others to assure patient safety and quality on a continual basis.
- Generates treatment plans utilizing computer isodose plans or manual calculations which achieve optimum tumor volume coverage as outlined in the physician’s prescription.
- Performs specific dose calculations, testing, and consultative reporting on individual patients as ordered by the radiation oncologist.
- Oversees therapeutic radioactive material program. Accountable for, supervises, and/or performing the transportation of radioactive materials t/to/f rom Radiation Oncology. Collaborates with entity’s Radiation Safety Officer. Supervises all aspects of brachytherapy.
- Performs quality assurance measures on all IMRT/VMAT (Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy/Volumetric Arc Therapy), SRS (Stereotactic Radiosurgery) and SBRT (Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy) plans prior to treatment delivery.
- Masters Degree in Medical Physics
- Board eligible by American Board of Radiology
- 5 years of experience in Medical Physics in a department that treats a minimum of 60 patients per day.
Organization: Saint Joseph Hospital, Denver, CO
Primary Location: CO-Denver/Boulder/Surrounding Areas-Denver
Department: SJD-Medical Physics
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 12/5/2017 11:02:13 PM
Job Number: 17001456