Assesses, plans, and implements specific occupational therapy treatment programs for individual patients. Collaborates with interdisciplinary treatment team. Supervises work of support personnel.
- Maintains established policies and procedures, objectives, quality assurance program, safety, environmental and infection control standards.
- Evaluates patient upon initial encounter to determine need for occupational therapy intervention and makes referrals to other treatment team members as deemed appropriate.
- Plans occupational therapy treatment program for each patient, based upon interpretation of evaluation results; interprets evaluation findings for patient, family, and treatment team members.
- Develops realistic goals with patient input; explains treatment plan and goals to patient.
- Implements treatment or supervises treatment provided by Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant, or occupational therapy student. Delegates routine care to supportive personnel as appropriate.
- Terminates occupational therapy services when patient has attained maximum benefit from occupational therapy; provides inservice education to members of treatment team to ensure follow-through of treatment program.
- Evaluates, records and reports on patients progress for review by other members of the rehabilitative team. Communicates effectively with physician, other members of rehabilitation team and others as indicated regarding treatment plan and patient response to plan.
- Completes all required documentation thoroughly and in a timely manner.
- Conducts and participates in training medical and nursing personnel in occupational therapy techniques and objectives. Participates in educational programs and inservice meetings. Participates in continuing education program to ensure appropriate units are attained for maintenance of State license. Attends meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned and requested.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.
- High School diploma or equivalent, required
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Therapy from an accredited school of Occupational Therapy, required
- Current license as an Occupational Therapist in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, or obtain certification within one month of employment, required
- One (1) year of experience in a setting serving the same age/type of patient population served by this facility or department, preferred
Organization: St. Mary's Medical Center, Grand Junction, CO
Primary Location: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SMG-IP-Occupational Therapy
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 7/10/2017 10:59:53 PM
Job Number: 17004732