The Patient Registration and Scheduling Specialist is responsible for obtaining complete and accurate patient demographic, insurance (eligibility and/or verification), financial information to include: collections of copays/deductibles/outstanding balances and making payment plans as appropriate, for inpatients, outpatients, and emergency patients either face-to-face, by telephone, internet, etc. This position must demonstrate excellent customer service skills by providing a patient friendly and pleasant registration process to assure that patient and family needs are met in a timely manner. Resolves physician’s office and patient issues and must be able to manage extreme patient volumes and uncooperative patients. Acts as liaison between departments to foster open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members. This position is responsible for adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS,HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
The list below is considered to be essential functions of this position and all employees within SCL Health are expected to meet the following in their day-to-day work:
- Demonstrates excellent customer service skills by providing a patient friendly and pleasant registration process to assure that patient and family needs are met in a timely manner.
- Be available to work as scheduled and report to work on time.
- This position may walk up to 6 miles on any given shift and associate is required to be available to work overtime if needed
- Responsible for accurate registration of patient, communication of policies, financial responsibilities and Patient Rights and Responsibilities according to departmental operating procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Joint Commission and EMTALA regulations and other regulatory agencies.
- High School diploma/GED or equivalent
- Computer savvy
- Demonstrated customer service and ability to handle pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Willing to float to all areas of Patient Registration/Access.
- At least 1 year hospital/medical office patient scheduling and/or medical insurance experience strongly preferred to include medical terminology knowledge.
Organization: Corporate, Various Locations
Primary Location: CO-Grand Junction
Department: SYS-SMG Patient Access
Schedule: Per Diem/PRN
Shift: Day Shift
Job Posting: 12/7/2017 6:33:43 PM
Job Number: 17004355