SCL Health is a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization headquartered in Broomfield with facilities located in Colorado, Kansas and Montana. SCL Health operates:
4 safety net clinics
1 children's mental health treatment center
190+ ambulatory service centers
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health—and hope—to our patients.
Our ministry is dedicated to improving the health of the communities and individuals we serve, especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
The PFA (Patient Financial Advocate) is responsible for providing financial advocacy counseling to individuals who are uninsured.
The PFA supports SCL Health’s care sites, site PFA/ FC’s, and patients. Determining patient’s medical financial needs by assisting patients directly or indirectly applying for Medicaid coverage, qualifying for State or Federal programs, education of the Affordable Care Act, presenting patients with payment plan options, and identifying individuals who are in need of Financial Assistance. The Financial Advisor’s function as back office support for the onsite Advocates. Providing answers to qualification questions, research, and support.
This position is responsible for quality assurance in application processing and procedures, along with adhering to all compliance requirements mandated by CMS, HIPAA, JCAHO, etc.
Acts as liaison between departments located at the care site and/or RSC; fostering open communication and team work, utilizing positive and effective communication with all team members.
· Computer knowledge including experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
· High school diploma / GED or equivalent
· 2+ years of Hospital site Financial Counseling
· 1+ years previous experience ACA enrollment
· Medicaid qualification knowledge
· Understanding of State and Federal Programs available to the indigent care population i.e. food stamps, Medicaid expansion, SSI, SSDI, etc.
· Financial Counseling experience - 3+ years
· Medicare and Insurance knowledge
· Billing knowledge
· Bilingual - Spanish
· Previous Certified Application Counselor training (CAC) - State and/or Federal
· Ability to read, understand and apply personal tax return information
· Ability to read and understand profit and loss statements