Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: www.goodsamaritancolorado.org/ Description
This position is responsible for preparing food in accordance with established menus, recipes and sanitary standards.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of all food served in the facility.
- Assure adherence to menus, including those for special diets ordered.
- Provide input into development/revision of master menus and modified diet menus.
- Assure optimal quality, temperature and appearance of meals.
- Act in compliance with federal and state sanitary regulations as well as facility infection control guidelines and dietary policies and procedures.
- Maintain a clean, hazard-free work area.
- Assist with the purchase, storage and inventory of the food supply.
- Maintain knowledge of current nutritional practice.
- Adhere to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Demonstrated cooking skills and ability to follow established menus and recipes, required
- High School diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Experience with quantity food preparation, preferred
- Knowledge of proper nutritional requirements, preferred