Platte Valley Medical Center is an excellent place to work with a proven success of hiring and retaining quality employees. In fact, the turnover rate among our associates is significantly lower than that of Denver metro area healthcare facilities. In 2015, Platte Valley’s overall turnover rate was 13.2% compared to a Denver Metro area healthcare turnover rate of 24.3%.
A Culture of Excellence and Care
Platte Valley Medical Center is proud of our Planetree Designation which represents the highest level of evidence based achievement in patient/person-centered care. All associates at Platte Valley commit to the Platte Valley Behavior Standards that help to sustain our culture of excellence. Platte Valley is Brighton’s third largest employer with 750 staff and we recognize and value that one of our greatest strengths continues to derive from the friendships and alliances found throughout the Hospital.
Platte Valley Medical Center (PVMC) promotes the science that tobacco use is harmful to health and does so by leading by example, encouraging abstinence, and sponsoring stop smoking education for the community. According to the Center for Disease Control, tobacco use is the nation’s leading killer and the single most preventable cause of disease, disability, and death in the United States. There is no safe way of using tobacco, and substances in tobacco and tobacco smoke may cause harm even at low levels of exposure. Tobacco, nicotine, and marijuana use by employees diminishes the hospital’s capacity to advocate for healthy living and sends a message counterproductive to the hospital’s mission and values.
If you have been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for the past 90 days, please continue to fill out your application. If you have not been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for the past 90 days, we are unable to accept your application at this time. We will be happy to accept your application in the future, once you have been tobacco-free, nicotine-free, and marijuana-free for 90 days. We reserve the right to do a nicotine and/or a marijuana test randomly or for cause.
The pharmacy technician III, purchases and audits controlled substances for the inpatient Pharmacy at Platte Valley Medical Center. The Tech III is expected to maintain a working knowledge of all aspects of the following:
· 340B Drug Discount Program as it relates to PVMC
· Amerinet GPO drug contract pricing
· Auditing systems for compliance with policies and procedures in all areas of controlled substance distribution and administration.
· Preparing & reviewing compliance and trending reports on controlled substance activities.
· Medical terminology, abbreviations, Drug names, and classifications
· Medication order and prescription order interpretation
· Medication error prevention methods
· Preparation procedures for adult, pediatric, and neonatal non-sterile dosage forms
· Pharmaceutical calculations
· Aseptic technique & preparation procedures for adult, peds, and neonates dosage forms
· Procedures for use and maintenance of the Pharmacy clean room
· Federal and state laws governing the practice of pharmacy and the distribution of controlled and non-controlled substances
· Working with pharmacy, nursing, compliance, and risk management leadership to ensure that controlled substance discrepancies, audits, and policy issues are followed up on to detect any diversion that may occur.
Located in Brighton, CO.
A high school diploma or G.E.D.
Pharmacy Technician Certification
Highly prefer previous inpatient pharmacy buying experience along with knowledge of 340B drug discount program.
Prior inpatient pharmacy experience is highly preferred.