Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Emergency Room Tech - ED Tech
Days of the week vary and there are the typical weekend requirements for rotating
This position assists healthcare team members in delivering patient care to emergency room patients. This includes preparing patients for examinations and treatments, taking patient histories and vital signs, obtaining specimens, setting-up rooms with necessary supplies and equipment, and assisting physicians and staff nurses during treatments.
- Interviews patient to obtain brief health history and determine current condition requiring emergency treatment. Takes and records patient's vital signs.
- Obtains specimens from patient for laboratory analysis. Performs venipuncture, arterial puncture and instructs patient in proper method for obtaining other specimens. Properly labels specimens, completes requisition, and forwards to laboratory.
- Sets up various types of equipment and attaches patient to same, according to physician orders. Monitors equipment to ensure its proper operation.
- Assists physicians and/or staff nurses during various clinical procedures. Observes patients during and after treatments and reports adverse reactions or changes in condition to healthcare team members.
- Maintains clean and safe patient care area by cleaning and stocking patient care rooms, checking equipment for proper operation, wiping surfaces of furniture and fixtures with disinfectants, removing waste/garbage, and changing linens.
- Responds to all emergency/critical care situations and follows established procedure and duties such as CPR with emphasis on airway maintenance and ventilation.
- Performs Unit Clerk duties such as answering telephones, maintaining patient records, and the like. Obtains supplies for department from Central Supply
- Performs other duties as assigned, some of which may be essential to the job.
- The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions.