Unit DescriptionCare Site Description
St. Vincent Healthcare is part of SCL Health System, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health – and hope – to our patients.
- Billings, Mont. (est. 1898)
- Largest tertiary care hospital and Level II Trauma Center in Montana serving patients in eastern and south-central Mont. and northern Wyo.
- 2,100 associates, 529 medical staff
- 286 beds (201 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
- Cancer Care
- Children’s Healthcare
- Comprehensive Regional Services
- Heart Center
- Orthopedic Services
- Women’s Services
St. Vincent Healthcare is an award-winning hospital providing person-centered care. We are People Healing People throughout the communities that we serve, especially the poor and vulnerable.
In this position, the Radiologic Technologist performs radiographic procedures in order to obtain desired radiographic results according to physicains specifications that includes, but is not limited to, transferring patients for examinations, ionizing radiation for radiologic diagnosis, and assisting with the x-ray examiantion process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Diagnostic X-Ray Procedures
- Responsible for appropriate operation of all X-Ray Imaging and related equipment
- Appropriately educates, positions, immobilizes and performs X-Ray procedures
- Coordinates X-Ray examination to ensure timeliness, quality and continuity of patient care
- Understands and follows provider Imaging orders correctly
- Submits required images and related clinical information to the Radiologist for interpretation
- Appropriately evaluates image quality
- Open, accurate, and responsive communication to patients, coworkers, Radiologists and leadership
- Appropriately utilizes, charges and maintains department supplies
- Practices sterile technique and follows infection prevention policies
- Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects and meet deadlines
- Safely performs X-Ray procedures including patient transfer
- Prepares and administers contrast according to Radiologist protocol
- Follows Radiation Safety Measures (ALARA) to ensure patient and staff safety
- Supervises and evaluates Student Radiographers in the clinical setting
- Current Registration with The American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Current Radiologic Technology License with Montana Board of Radiologic Technologists
- Current BLS certification or ability to obtain within three months of hire
- Ability to communicate effectively and diplomatically within a multi-functional team
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully function in a fast paced, service oriented environment
- Experience in understanding and usage of computers, including the Microsoft Office Suite, as well as the ability to learn applications relevant to the position