Our medical unit at Good Samaritan is a 30 private bed unit that sees all medical cases (CHF, COPD, Sepsis etc) with some surgical overflow. You can expect a nurse to patient ratio of 4:1 on days and up to 5:1 on nights with C.N.A coverage as well. Additionally, all of our med/surg units have a Resource RN. We have a very strong team on the medical unit who are passionate about patient care and working as a team. Does this sound like a place you'd like to work? We think so! Apply today!Care Site Description
Good Samaritan Medical Center is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health — and hope — to our patients.
Lafayette, CO (20 miles northwest of downtown Denver) (estab. 2004)
1,480 associates, 1,040 medical staff and 239 allied health practitioners
234 beds (192 are staffed)
Services & Expertise
Bone & Joint Institute
Cardiac & Vascular Services
Comprehensive Cancer Care
Emergency & Trauma Services
Senior ER Services
Women's and Family Services
Kudos: Good Samaritan Medical Center offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Visit: www.goodsamaritancolorado.org/ Description
The Registered Nurse will provide direct patient care, meeting both psychological and physical needs of the patients in accordance with physicians’ orders, Joint Commission, OSHA, nursing and department guidelines. The RN fulfills these duties to contribute to the continuity and quality of care which fosters the best interest and well-being of all patients and their families.
- Conduct and document a thorough assessment of each patient’s medical status upon admission and throughout the patient’s course of treatment.
- Assist in the development and implementation of an individualized treatment plan for each assigned patient.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines described.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner.
- Oversee care delivered by Licensed Practical Nurses and Certified Nursing Assistants.
- Attend and participate in clinical team conferences regarding patient progress, problems and needs.
- Act in compliance with hospital, regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency.
- Adheres to facility policies and procedures and participates in facility quality improvement and safety programs.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
· The information above is for summary purposes, and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of essential functions. Qualifications
- Associate's degree in nursing, required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing, required within 5 years of employment
- Valid license as a Registered Nurse in the State of practice, required
- Possess a current Basic Life Support Certification, required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, required
- One (1) year of RN experience in an acute or sub-acute/LTAC hospital setting, required